ISOTHERMING® Technical support and Services
Experienced Elessent Clean Technologies technical service engineers provide invaluable training to refinery personnel to facilitate IsoTherming® unit start-ups, share operational best practices, and aid in optimization and troubleshooting.
Start-Up Services include on-site operator training, a pre start-up inspection of the constructed unit and on site support during commissioning.
The Elessent operator training program (provided prior to the mechanical completion and start-up of the licensed plant) is envisioned to be conducted in two phases.
This training is designed for operators and engineering staff who are involved in hazard analysis and/or who are involved in creating the detailed operating manual.
Phase 1 Operations Training
- Introduction to the IsoTherming® hydroprocessing process
- Major process variables and their effect on product quality
- Major process instrumentation
- Unit process description
- Typical IsoTherming® hydroprocessing unit operations
- Recommended unit surveillance
- Start-Up procedures
- Normal shutdown procedures
- Emergency shutdown procedures
- Safety procedures
Phase 2 Operations Training / Pre-Start Up Review
The purpose of the Phase 2 training is to review operation principles with the plant operators. Elessent engineers will review the Piping & Instrument Diagrams (P&IDs) against the constructed unit and make a list of recommendations to improve the operability and reliability based on this review. Training subject matter includes:
- Review of Phase 1 material
- Walk‑through tour of the subject plant
Additional Start-Up Services
In addition to operator training, Elessent technical service engineers provide the following services to ensure a successful start-up and refiner acceptance of performance.
- Consultation during catalyst loading and reactor internals installation
- On-site start-up assistance during catalyst sulfiding through the completion of start-up activities
- Assist plant operators and engineers in the performance test
Technical Assistance During Normal Operations
After the start-up of the IsoTherming® unit, Elessent Clean Technologies will send experienced engineers to the refinery to facilitate a performance review of unit operations. This review will entail collecting plant operating data, collection and analysis of samples
Long Term Technical Support
Several options are available from Elessent to address any long term technical support needs including:
- On-Going Troubleshooting
- Optimization Assistance
- Debottlenecking/Revamp Studies
- Research and Development Capabilities